Collagen Supplements Promote Hair, Skin & Nail Growth
Did you know that collagen is a crucial component of healthy skin, hair, and nails? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Currently, there are 28 known different collagen types; the four most common are found in connective tissues, intervertebral discs, and joints, are a component of kidneys, inner ear, and eye lens, and are found in skin blood vessels which make up the primary element of reticular fibers. It's responsible for keeping your skin firm and elastic, your hair strong and shiny, and your nails resilient and healthy. Here are 6 benefits of how collagen helps your body:
- Promotes skin health:Collagen is a major component of the skin and helps to maintain its elasticity, firmness, and hydration. Consuming collagen supplements may help to promote the reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
- Supports joint health:Collagen is an important component of cartilage, which is the connective tissue that cushions your joints. Consuming collagen supplements may help to support the reduction of joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation in people with osteoarthritis and other joint conditions. Taking natural joint supplementscan also promote joint health.
- Aids with digestion:Collagen is also found in the lining of the digestive tract and has been shown to improve gut health by promoting intestinal lining strengthening and reducing inflammation. Collagen contains specific amino acids, such as glycine, proline, and glutamine, that are essential for the synthesis, maintenance, and repair of the intestinal lining. Collagen supplementation may even promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and improve gut microbiome diversity.
- Boosts muscle mass:Collagen is a key component of muscle tissue and may help to improve muscle mass and strengthwhen combined with resistance training. Resistance training involves using weights or other forms of resistance to challenge the muscles, leading to muscle growth and increased strength over time.
- Supports bone health:Collagen provides structural support for bones, giving them strength and flexibility. Collagen makes up about 30% of the total protein in the body, and around 90% of the organic component of bone. Supplementation has been shown to have a positive impact on bone health by promoting bone density and reducing the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Promotes hair and nail health:Collagen helps to strengthen hair and nailsby improving their elasticity and reducing brittleness. When hair and nails are brittle, they are more prone to breakage, splitting, and other damage. This can lead to a lackluster appearance and make it difficult to grow or maintain healthy hair and nails. Collagen supplementation can help to address these issues by providing the body with the building blocks it needs to produce new collagen fibers.
Collagen even plays a critical role in the wound-healing process. When we get a cut or injury, collagen helps to control bleeding and reduces inflammation by attracting immune cells to the site of injury. It also helps to keep our blood vessels healthy and functioning properly. It can boost the strength of scar tissue and restore skin elasticity by creating a scaffold that supports the growth of new tissue. It can also attract cells that promote wound healing to the site of injury, which can help to accelerate the healing process. Collagen wound dressings, which contain collagen and other substances, can provide a supportive environment for new tissue growth and remodeling, which can help wounds to heal faster and with better quality.
Studies suggest that collagen supplements may support the improvement of symptoms associated with osteoarthritis and promote reduced overall joint pain. Collagen supplements may support the inhibition of bone breakdown that leads to osteoporosis. As the most abundant protein in the body, collagen is an important component of skeletal muscle.
Unfortunately, as we age, collagen production in the body starts to decline and can lead to a range of problems such as wrinkles and sagging skin, weak nails, and thinning hair. We cannot stop ourselves from aging but we can avoid hazards to our collagen by avoiding smoking, eating too many processed foods, and unprotected exposure to the sun.
You must put collagen in your daily routine when possible. Collagen can be found in the connective tissues of animals, such as chicken skin, pork skin, beef, and fish, and integrated into a healthy diet. Gelatin is a byproduct of collagen and is found in foods like bone broth that can provide that boost. Taking Vitamin C is critical in the synthesis of collagen so foods such as citrus fruits, broccoli, and bell peppers can help support its production. However, it's unclear how much collagen-rich foods can increase collagen levels in the body, so it is important to pair this diet with collagen supplements that can help support the increased absorption more efficiently due to the collagen being hydrolyzed. Additionally, digestive enzymes promote the breakdown of collagen in food into individual amino acids and peptides. Nonetheless, consuming foods rich in collagen and vitamin C offers health benefits, and more research is needed to determine their full impact.
Collagen+™ is an excellent choice for those looking to boost their collagen intake. Collagen+ is a combination of hydrolyzed chicken collagen, vitamin C, and citrus bioflavonoids. Hydrolyzed collagen is a type of collagen that can be easily absorbed by the body. It is often used to support the musculoskeletal system and has become increasingly popular as an anti-aging ingredient. Vitamin C, an antioxidant, and citrus bioflavonoids are included to promote the body’s natural production of collagen.
For those who prefer collagen sourced from fish, Derma+™ is a great option. It is a combination of wheat ceramides, hydrolyzed marine collagen, and vitamins essential for skin health. Derma+™ supports healthy skin, skin hydration, and rejuvenation of the skin.
Your Hispanic American Health Store
Health Hispanica® is a Hispanic-American health store specializing in supplements from Hispanic-American-owned brands such as Natura-Genics® and Yerba Farma®. We strive to provide quality and innovative supplements at fair prices and educate our clients and community on healthy living.
The statements above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.