Tips for Long-term Weight Loss
Weight loss is one of the most common health goals for many Americans. There’s a solid reason for that; even a modest weight loss of 5% to 10% of your total body weight is likely to produce health benefits, such as improvements in blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugars. To develop an approach to losing weight that works for you, you must know why you want to lose weight and determine with what elements of your journey you will need the most assistance. There are so many weight loss programs and advice available that it can be challenging to choose the right ones without understanding your motivations and tendencies.
Determine Your Motivation for Weight Loss
To choose the right weight loss approaches for you, first clearly understand why you’re embarking on this journey in the first place. Long-term weight loss is a significant commitment with major lifestyle changes; it won’t happen accidentally or without planning.
For example, many people want to be healthier and live longer. This objective aligns with losing weight gradually over time and in a healthy manner. Some people want to look better and wear tighter outfits. And others want to feel better – have more energy or move around more agilely. Whatever your reasons, be sure to write them down and keep them visible as you embark on your journey to keep yourself focused and motivated.
Bolster Your Accountability
Understanding your strengths and weaknesses will enable you to identify patterns and accomplices who will help you in your endeavor. Journaling your food intake, fitness routines, feelings of accomplishment, and failure – understanding these tendencies and factors that lead to success or failure will help you develop a plan that works for you. For example, if you lack the discipline to get to the gym consistently, consider finding a workout buddy or hiring a personal trainer to get you out of the house and into the fitness saddle.
Master Your Routines
Habits and routines significantly impact the effectiveness of your weight-loss activities. Small changes in your daily routine can make a big difference in your waistline. Therefore, finding the techniques that work for you long-term is essential.
- Create a sustainable meal plan that incorporates a balance of nutrient-dense foods. Since your diet is ongoing and systematic, realistic choices are critical. What’s important is what works for you long-term.
- Incorporate regular physical activity into your daily routine. The exercise can be cardiovascular or weight training, kayaking, or salsa dancing. Be creative – keeping your body guessing is the best way to keep it evolving.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water can help you feel full and reduce the urge to eat more than you need. Aim for at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Keep track of your progress and make adjustments as needed. Measuring progress is a great way to know when to reward yourself.
- Practice mindfulness and healthily manage stress. Mindfulness meditation is an effective method for losing weight and changing eating habits.
- Sleep adequately. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Consider weight loss supplements. Supplements can help bolster the elements of the weight loss journey where you need the most support.
Weight Loss Supplements
Different weight loss supplements can help at different points in your journey. It is important to continue a healthy diet and exercise routine along with the use of supplements. After you understand your patterns and weak spots, you can try alternative supplements that may assist you at the most suitable time.
To curb appetite and support portion control, consider an apple cider vinegar supplement. Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries to manage numerous health concerns. Modern research confirms that this fermented tonic may also aid weight loss. Apple cider vinegar has been shown to reduce appetite and belly fat, as well as lower blood sugar levels.
To increase energy and support exercise performance, consider Green Tea Extract. The catechins and caffeine in green tea have been shown to help effectively burn calories which may lead to weight loss.
Losing weight in a healthy, long-term way can be one of the biggest challenges yet also one of the most rewarding endeavors you may embark on. Defining your “why,” understanding your patterns, and then strategically choosing a plan with the right team and health supplements to help you achieve your goals will hopefully give you the boost you need to begin and maintain your journey.
Your Hispanic American Health Store
Health Hispanica® is a Hispanic-American health store specializing in supplements from Hispanic-American-owned brands such as Natura-Genics® and Yerba Farma®. We strive to provide quality and innovative supplements at fair prices and educate our clients and community on healthy living.
The statements above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.